Asperger's documentary from UK

Tipsa om nyheter, böcker, filmer, hemsidor o.s.v. här.

Moderatorer: Alien, atoms

Asperger's documentary from UK

Inläggav splinterfaction » 2010-11-09 21:39:42

Hello everyone, please forgive me for writing in English.

I just wanted to share a link to a documentary I made about a woman with Asperger's Syndrom who uses her teddybear Bearsac in a very interesting way to combat her condition.
The film profiles Debra and explores the attitudes of people towards anyone seen as 'different'.

It's available now on YouTube now so please have a look, and if you like the film please Like it, add to favorites and share the film wherever you like =)

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8_wMZKvpts
splinterfaction
Ny medlem

Anslöt: 2010-11-09

Inläggav Jeula » 2010-11-10 3:35:00

That was very interesting and entertaining. I can understand people might be suprised when a teddy bear is hello-ing people all of a sudden, I would myself be very suprised if it happened to me, but I would laugh it off and smile afterwards :)

It's sad people always thinks people have a bad intention behind funny, silly and weird things like this. I hate the way people always assume something and then sticks to it even after an explanation.

Svensk version:

Det var intressant och underhållande. Jag kan förstå att folk blir överraskade av att en teddy björn hallåar på någon helt plötsligt, själv skulle jag också bli väldigt förvånad om det hände mig, men jag skulle skratta bort det och le efteråt :)

Det är synd att folk alltid tror att folk vill något ont med roliga, skumma, konstiga saker som det här. Jag avskyr hur folk alltid antar något, och sedan håller sig till det även om de har fått en förklaring.
Jeula

Anslöt: 2010-07-21

Inläggav nano » 2010-11-11 6:51:13

I think it sort of gave her an acceptance from most people to sort of play around and people would usually accept it :)
I think people would react diffrently if there wasn't a teddy involved or something.

By the way, are you Debra by any chance? :)
If so, welcome here :)
If not, welcome anyway :)
nano

Anslöt: 2008-06-20

Inläggav splinterfaction » 2010-11-11 12:18:02

Bearsac is definitely a way of softening the impact of interaction with people, although Debra often uses him to provoke people and minimise the fallout using him.

Their relationship and the reason for his existence is hugely complex and a 14minute documentary can never hope to offer a definitive answer, so we chose to simply give an insight into their world and allow her to express some of her own reactions and intentions.

My name is Krystian, I produced the film. You can visit Debra and Bearsac and www.bearsac.com and see more of my films on my YouTube channel or at www.splinterfaction.tv

Thanks for watching and commenting =)
splinterfaction
Ny medlem

Anslöt: 2010-11-09

Inläggav atoms » 2010-11-11 20:08:12

My internet connection is very slow to upload video so I'll just comment having only seen the first two minutes. Seems Debra uses Bearsac as a spokes person to deal with things that otherwise would be too stressful for her so instead of being One person handling and interacting with her surroundings she has Bearsac as number Two.

Reminds me of Bev Harp & Squawkers McCaw - as can be seen on Asperger Square 8.
atoms

Anslöt: 2009-05-05

Inläggav nano » 2010-11-11 21:12:11

Not upload, the browser download the data to your computer and then the browser show it to you for you to be able to see it :)
nano

Anslöt: 2008-06-20

Återgå till Tipsa medlemmarna

Logga in